Part Description: 000A2770 - Anesthesia WorkStation (AWS)
solution for supplying both gas anesthetic delivery and ventilatory
support for pocket pets, avian, exotics and laboratory animal
applications in one easy to use package: The Hallowell EMC Anesthesia WorkStation.
A compact (9"¯ x 9"¯ x 15"¯ h), portable (15lb.), convenient, circle system for use on animals under 7 kg (15 lb.).
AWS has proven itself to be well suited for both short and long term
anesthetic procedures with animals ranging in weight from about 150
grams to 6 or 7 kilograms. In procedures with
these small animals the AWS has been used for mask inductions and the
subsequent maintenance of spontaneously breathing masked or intubated
patients as well as providing ventilatory support for the intubated
patient for minutes or days at a time. Throughout these procedures the
AWS, with any precision vaporizer, has been shown to facilitate the
administration of gas anesthetics, holding the subject in a very smooth
controlled anesthetic plane while providing precise respiratory
support. The AWS is currently being used on as diverse species as
rabbits, turtles, tamarin monkeys, woodchucks, crows, CooperTMs hawks,
various ducks, Canada goose, snakes, rats, ferrets, owls and even the
cat and dog.
The Hallowell EMC
Anesthesia WorkStation is easy to use as BOTH a basic respirator
(irrespective of anesthetic regimen, gas or injectable) and delivery
source for inhalant anesthetics. It incorporates
a time-cycled volume ventilator with an adjustable pressure safety
limit. The only additional component necessary for immediate
utilization is a vaporizer for the agent of your choice. Free yourself from the restraints of the operating room; work on your bench top when appropriate.
The system includes:
- Oxygen Flow Meter, 0.2 to 1 lpm.
- Oxygen Flush Button, 5 lpm and interlocked with the expiratory phase of the breathing cycle for improved patient safety.
- Connections to and from an anesthetic vaporizer.
- Adjustable High Pressure Limit, 10 - 30 cmH2O as indicated on the 30 segment airway pressure bar graph.
- High Breathing System Pressure Alarm-
- Airway Pressure Manometer in bar graph format, 0 - 30 cmH2O.
- Low Breathing System Pressure Alarm-
- 0 - 100 ml Tidal Volume displacement ventilator tube.
- 300 ml CO2 absorber.
- Enclosed and heated breathing system chamber.
- Power on/off switch and indicator.
- Volume Control.
- Rate Control, 4 - 80 breaths per minute and large LED display.
- Standby/Ventilate switch and indicator.
- Low Oxygen Supply Pressure Alarm.
- Alarm Silence pushbutton.
- DISS Male Oxygen supply inlet connection.
- 19mm Scavenging port.
- 90/240 Vac, 47/440 Hz operation.
- Circle system tubes with standard 15mm ET tube connection.
- 2.5mm low dead space ET tube adaptor that fits luer catheters.